I lay dozing this morning after you got out of bed
I glimpse you fixing your hair & that
I guess deep down even you wanna break hearts
I have no idea what to tag this. It’s a digital photo of a polaroid. Joel’s housewarming is at a pub because his apartment is not big enough.
It’s been a really (really) difficult year or so, mostly at work, but the last month or two have really seen things pick up. I feel like I’m kicking a few goals, as my uncle would say. We finished the part of the project at work that was slowly destroying us all, and T and I got a surprising amount of thanks as a result. I’ve also been taking on more and more responsibility in managing other projects and bits of pieces, which is doing wonders for my “people skills”. Other fun things:
- Spring has arrived! Flowers, ducklings, sunshine, and summer drinks (G&T, mineral water, lagers) are all within 50 metres of my house once more.
- My brother and I had to drive a couple of hours to pick up my Dad, who would only say that he’d been in an accident with the caravan on but nobody was hurt. We thought it would not be serious, but got there and couldn’t believe the damage! Thank goodness he and his partner were both perfectly fine, not a scratch.
- Actually, I’ve been seeing more of my brother in general since he broke up with his girlfriend. I know it’s a bit selfish, but kind of glad (for him, too!).
- Last weekend we had an 80s-themed trivia night with work, and we dressed up as Pacman ghosts (there are no great photos of my costume so I included one of D instead). AND after months and months of S telling me I *need* to meet P, I finally did. She is really great, but maybe next time I will not just drink away all my nerves.
- I’ve been sort of planning a trip to the US for a few weeks next year. Scott just moved to Seattle and it seems a pretty good excuse for a holiday, and I have a whole bunch of leave I need to take sooner or later. It’ll either be Jan/Feb or Apr/May at this point (which is better?). If anybody has tips for things to see and do, let me know! Sticking to the west coast I think, 4-5 weeks does not seem a lot of time when I look at a map.
- I took all the old plaster out of my front room and was about to call the electrician to do all the wiring when I realised how many decisions I have to make first. Lighting, ceiling fan, switches, power points… But I get lots of good Tumblr inspiration which helps.
- Also one last thing, I have been trying to work out something nice to do for (or give to?) one or two of my workmates, just to say thanks for the past seven months or so. Without them (S in particular – we have had countless nights at the pub ‘debriefing’ after a long day or week), I probably would’ve just given up and quit.
Actual photo of Australians voting.
…This isn’t how everyone votes?